flex-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Arthur <dougart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Flex logo contest page publish [Last Detail - thoughts]
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:24:31 GMT
On Jan 8, 2012 7:41 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <mike@teotigraphix.com> wrote:

> Quoting Jeffry Houser <jeffry@dot-com-it.com>:
>
>> On 1/8/2012 9:19 AM, Michael Schmalle wrote:
>>>

>>> logo designers need to submit there work via the list any way.
>>

>>  I generally think it is a bad idea to force logo designers to subscribe
to this mailing list to submit entries. Is there a way to post to the list
w/o being subscribed?

> I agree and you know I didn't even think about the fact they have to
subscribe, that is adding a barrier for sure. Honestly, I don't have an
answer for this in my head.

> We could agree on a couple people that have public emails anyway and the
logo creators could contact us through email and then we would post on the
list there information. Then I would transfer that to the site with other
submissions.

>>> I was thinking about Monday morning putting the contest up. I was
agreed 1 week from the day the contest is posted on the website.

>>  From a PR Perspective, everyone is busy on Monday morning, recovering
from their weekend haze.  Post on Tuesday if you want to get noticed.

> I'm not really saying I'm "in charge" of PR, just that putting the actual
contest rules on the website for people to copy and paste into communities
and social networks they see fit. Does this make sense?

> Mike

Another option, which is being used more widely lately, is to use twitter.
If Bertrand secured @ApacheFlex, we should have contest entrants summit a
tweet to that account.

- Doug