flex-dev mailing list archives

From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch Strategy (was: So, what should we do first?)
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:21:31 GMT
On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> Tags will hold branches of Trunk for each release

Yes, we can use tags for several things, a main one being releases. I like
the idea of something like

-tags
  -releases
      -1.0
      -1.1
  -somethingElseWeMightWantToTag

> Branches holds other branches of Trunk for more unstable things, long term
> or short term when it makes sense to work in a separate branch.

Yes, for example:
-branches
  -sandboxes (or whiteboard)
      -jonbcampos
          -whateverJonWants
      -s9tpepper
          -whateverIWants

> Some questions:
> -Should there still be a Whiteboard or Sandbox folder or is it fine to just
> create those under Branches?

I think so, just so people can look around in other peoples experiments and
either contribute, comment, or be inspired for their own ideas.

> -If you have to fix a bug in the Tags folder, I assume you should branch
> that released branch (say from v4.7 to v4.7.1) right into Tags and then
> make
> your change?

Yea, branch from the tag for the release you want to fix (tags/v.4.7.0) and
call it something like v.4.7.0.fixForJiraFL2913 (or something descriptive)
and then go to town on your fix, is what I would imagine.