flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jira task to decide on Apache Flex version number needed
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:01:15 GMT
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Peter Elst <peter.elst@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Adobe is shipping Adobe Flex 4.6.0 and we can't rule out the possibility
> > that there might be an Adobe Flex 4.6.x.
> wow, really - potentially a Flex 4.6.x released under the Adobe name? Not
> sure what to think about that, was under the assumption no Flex was
> completely under Apache now. Isn't the trademark donated etc.
> - Peter

I had the same initial reaction... but we also have to remember that 4.6 is
still Adobe Flex 4.6, and if this branch has security holes Adobe is going
to want to close those. The only safe way of doing that is to patch 4.6.0
or 4.6.1, cause if Apache is at 4.7 and we've changed things they're trying
to fix in 4.6 then we will have conflicts. I think we have to assume there
will be a security fix that Adobe will need to apply to 4.6.x at some point
eventually, no?


  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message