flex-dev mailing list archives

From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about Cairngorm 3?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:54:03 GMT

> I'm not against working out some best coding practices, that is certainly
> welcome though not sure if that is a "responsibility" of the Flex
> incubator. Personally think its important to keep focus on what the
> incubator is about, i.e. the Flex SDK and while people are obviously free
> to work on whatever they like it doesn't seem like a core aspect of the
> project.
>

> - Peter

+1 - to be frank, I'm not in this project to tell people how they should
code Flex, or save them from their own code. I feel the energy and effort
could be better spent on improving and moving the Flex SDK forward.

A Best Practices discussion I just don't see ending. Someone said the most
popular frameworks are Swiz and Parsley... Really??? In my 6 years coding
Flex I've never ever run into a project that used either, I don't
personally know anyone that uses either framework, AND like someone else
stated, I could say the same about Robotlegs and PureMVC - they're the most
popular, I mean I haven't seen an O'reilly book on SWiz or Parsley like RL
or PMVC.

Anyhow, this is a discussion I see potentially turning into a religious
argument that I think the energy could be better used elsewhere.

-omar