flex-dev mailing list archives

From Iwo Banaś <banas....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex modularity through composition and interfaces
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:01:06 GMT
Exactly!

But here comes the interfaces gotcha: to benefit from interfaces you
can't just add a huge interface for every class,
you have to define minimal, simple and implementation independent
interfaces and ensure that different part of the framework are
communicating using these interfaces.

The styles subsystem is a good example of anti-pattern: it uses
interfaces but it's not practical to replace IStyleManager2
implementation without replacing StyleProtoChain etc.

Cheers,
Iwo Banas