flex-dev mailing list archives

From saurabh jain <jainsaurab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trace & Log
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:18:07 GMT
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Martin Heidegger <mh@leichtgewicht.at>wrote:

> setLogType(Framework.**RecordDetails);
>>
> How would you implement this method? As its a method it seems to be a
> runtime switch (logic to be changed during runtime). The problem is that
> this data is not available during runtime at first place. Might be I see
> this wrong.
>
> yours
> Martin.

Ok. So here what I can think of it on a single go.

   1. Have a list of predefined values/constants which let us determine
   what all log options are available. Lets say "RecordDetails",
   "RecordMessagesOnly", "RecordCallHierarchy", etc
   2. setLogType will be a framework method which will accept one on the
   constants defined above and set a variable for the active log type.
   3. The method for log() will use this active log type variable and based
   on it will perform the action.

May be there can be better way to do this. Any other ideas from community??
--
Regards,
Saurabh