flex-dev mailing list archives

From Doug McCune <d...@dougmccune.com>
Subject Re: JDIs - buttonMode=true
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 00:18:00 GMT

> set the cursor to
> pointer when you want the hand cursor.

Hiding/showing the cursor fundamentally broke with an update to Safari. I
know you're simply talking about the difference between the system pointer
vs the system hand cursor (as opposed to using custom cursors), but be
aware that cursor issues can leave you at the whim of the OS/browser, and
in this case an OS vendor who is aggressively anti-flash (although I'm not
suggesting the Safari cursor issue was malicious). I know that I'm staying
the hell away from any cursor functionality in my apps from now on.