flex-dev mailing list archives

From "flex@rduartes.net" <f...@rduartes.net>
Subject Re: Flex Framework rsl's
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 10:29:19 GMT
I have mixed feeling about this.

On one hand, there is definitely a point for improving the framework's modularity and split
it in several normal rsl, but from my experience, several of the users of applications I've
built, especially in the corporate/healthcare area, like to clean browser cache at the end
of the day in an effort to eliminate any history that would reveal where they've been in the
interewebs. I know this sound stupid, but it happens, so having the framework protected in
a different cache system would make sense.

You could argue that in a medium to large application, the framework should be that much of
a burden to be downloaded with the rest of the application's infrastructure, but there is
definitely a use case for a protected framework cache.

I agree with Roland in respect to the fact that Adobe will not easily sign a framework they're
not fully in control. I wish we and they could find some sort of workaround for this, but
it looks bleak, at best.

As I said, mixed feelings. I guess I'll be happy with whichever result comes out of this,
but if there is no workaround for the secure rsl for the framework, I think someone should
concentrate on that modularity stuff.

Regards,
Rui