flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Lundgren <e...@lndgrn.se>
Subject FLEX Logo Sketch
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:01:27 GMT
Hi,

I can't write a compiler. But before going to bed last night I made a quick sketch for an
Apache Flex logo. (S k e t c h, being the keyword here.)

A print-out can be found at:

http://lndgrn.se/ApacheFlexLogo_01_01.png

It's a "page-turning-logo". Apache flex is a new chapter in the frameworks history.

I wanted to capture some of FLEX's flexibility – tell a single story on multiple "surfaces",
just like pages in a novel. Page one: Desktop. Page two: Web. Page three: Mobile. Page four:
?.

I tried to reference the old Flex logo building on the square and the bold font. But the black
and gray always felt a bit dull to me for a UX-plattform. I think we're ready for some pastel!
:)

Keep up the great work! We need it.

/Erik
@erik_lundgren