flex-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] PPMC members to decide voting procedure
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:53:34 GMT
On 1/12/2012 12:09 PM, Michael Schmalle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Is voting not limited to PPMC members?

  I think Voting should only be for PPMC members.  I guess I give that a -1

> 2. Whoever votes, votes 3 times in the process described above (order
> of preference) (+3(most liked), +2, +1)
  This is acceptable to me, but it seems odd  Seems odd not to make our
first formal vote not a +1, 0, -1 approach.

I would vote 0 here.

  I had previously suggested--and I believe Bertrand said the same
thing--that we vote on each entry with a +1, 0, or -1 and then tally
them up.  That way each entry will get a score.  I understand that could
be tedious for the person who has to tally all votes.  [I'll take on
that responsibility if we want to do it that way].  This way something
will clearly rise to the top; and every entry gets acknowledged.

> 3. The votes are counted up using the group of 3s(most lovable) first,
> if there is a tie, the the 2s are added up and the most 2s wins.

  I'd vote 0 here too.  If we decide to do it that way, it's fine.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur