flex-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: BlazeDS
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 23:06:01 GMT

  I--personally--could care less about BlazeDS and do not forsee myself
contributing to it any way.

  I would vote for it to be a separate project.  Flex and BlazeDS are
two very different pieces of software.  Does it make sense to combine a
Server side tool and a client side framework into the same project?

  I'm surprised to hear that Blaze has Flex dependencies.

On 1/6/2012 5:39 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> Adobe promised to contribute BlazeDS to Apache.  The question is: should it be its own
project?  Or should we just check it into the Flex code base somewhere?  I’m asking on this
list to see who on this list would want to contribute to the BlazeDS code.  It isn’t clear
that it has a strong enough community to survive on its own.  It does have bunch of Java code,
but then, so does the Flex MXMLC compiler.   It is outside of my area of knowledge so I wouldn’t
be making many contributions (I would probably donate a lazy XML decoder which I wrote a while
back), but how about the rest of you?  Note that Blaze does appear to have dependencies on
code in the Flex framework.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur