flex-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: I hate top posting
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:14:25 GMT

  I used to do in-line posting a lot; but stopped for a few reasons.
Outlook seems to be designed for "top posting" and makes it hard to do
in-line or bottom posting.  The end result is that every corporate
client I have does top posting and some get confused w/ in-line
posting.  Often the in-line posts are never read.  The second is that
the Adobe pre-release forums remove all the formatting and quoting,
making in-line posting just a confused mess.

  But, in this case I don't care either way.  I had just accepted that
in-line posting had gone the way of the Dodo bird.

On 1/5/2012 6:19 AM, David Arno wrote:
> [...]
I have the power to do so when it comes to such things),
>> but I hate top posting and I'm seeing way too much of it for my taste here.
> And I hate bottom posting. As neither is the right way to do it, and it's all down to
a combination of preference and chosen email client, what an individual might hate isn't really
of importance, surely?

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur