flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Lundgren <e...@lndgrn.se>
Subject Re: FLEX Logo Sketch
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 21:13:37 GMT

> from a business stand-point I find it important to portray a solid foundation,
> stability, and future life..

Hi John,

Thanks for your input! It bodes well for the future of flex if you can send out a sketch and
get feedback a few minutes later. :)

If you like the "page-turning" concept I believe we can spin the message, marketing FLEX as
a platform.

This is how I would spin it:

I agree with you analysis, and your worries. Stability is the killer argument for selling
our platform to business (stability-addicts). The problem is: I don't know how to deliver
stability. The world is just to complex.

So why not go the other way? Make the other argument! Sell business a platform preparing for
change? Apache Flex is a platform born out of a sudden twist in Adobes tale. Lets learn from

Lets be the guys (and girls) that knows that the "times they are a changing", plans for it,
and helps our clients cope with it – employing core ideas in new situations.

I hear people talking about FLEX as a DSL for building UI's. And thats exactly what a guy
like me needs. And I believe thats what business needs to! Thats why I'm here.

I'm not a businessman however. I just gave away a logo sketch for free! :)

View raw message