flex-dev mailing list archives

From Douglas Arthur <dart...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: Flex SDK code conventions
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:53:02 GMT
I for one vote that we suggest developers to use FlexFormatter and publish a settings file
for public consumption. I believe Adobe uses it in-house, please someone correct me if I'm
wrong? And I even believe there's a settings file floating around from Adobe.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/flexformatter/index.php?title=Preferences

- Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Schmalle [mailto:mike@teotigraphix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 2:48 PM
To: flex-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Flex SDK code conventions

I hate this topic but it needs to be asked to the community.

Since I am an initial committer I will stand by whatever the consensus is with the code I
commit.

But then the question, what are we doing about this?

There is already ALOT of code in the sdk that uses different conventions. I think this is
ridiculous because it slows down development switching from this format to that format (reading
and writing).

I don't have an opinion on conventions, just proposing there needs to be protocol with committers
on this sooner than later. And this protocol needs to be documented on a public page visible
to any one that has this same question creating patches.

Mike