flex-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schmalle <m...@teotigraphix.com>
Subject [DRAFT] Flex Logo :: site page
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 16:30:44 GMT
This is taken from João Saleiro original draft.

I am resubmitting this to the list to get approval to make a page on
the site "rebranding.mb".

I think this needs to get up so the discussions about the logo can be
pointed at the site.

When does the contest end?

* link - http://incubator.apache.org/flex/rebranding
* date-end - closing of contest

Apache Flex Re-branding Initiative

On the 31th of December, 2011, the Apache Software Foundation has
accepted the Flex SDK into incubation. Apache Flex is now a community
project managed by Apache (ASF). The migration from Adobe to Apache
involves a re-branding and you can contribute by proposing the new
Apache Flex logo.

Your proposal will be published on the Flex Incubation website [link]
next to the other proposals and in [date-end] the community will
choose the new logo through voting on the Apache Flex Mailing List at

The logo should meet the requirements below:

- two versions of the logo: a rectangle (full brand) and a square
(icon, for example)
- be prepared to be scaled up or down
- be able to translate to a 2 color look
   - 2 color (black/white, 2 greys, etc)
- be able to be inverted if running on a dark background
- should not resemble the current Adobe Flex logo
- it should comply with the Apache branding requirements at

While designing the logo, keep in mind what describes Flex:

- User Experience
- Ubiquity / Cross-platform
- Enterprise
- Community Driven
- Why are you developing with Flex?

Send to the Apache Flex Mailing List the links to:

- A PNG version of the logo (and it's scalable variations)
- A ZIP file with all assets

The authors of the selected Apache Flex logo(s) will need to donate them to
the Apache Flex project according to the  Apache individual
contributor license: http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

View raw message