flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Rui Silva" <f...@rduartes.net>
Subject Re: First Flex release as soon as possible? (was: So, what should we do first?)
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:34:13 GMT
I think the main objective here would be to reassure that the code base from the Apache Flex
project stems directly from the Adobe code.

Being able to run it through the existing tooling is an interesting side effect that I was
not considering but could act as a test case of sorts in order to perceive early on where
Apache Flex would break or function differently with existing tooling.

Other benefit would be that tooling vendors, Adobe included, could test Apache Flex early
on and see what sort of changes were needed to make it usable with their producs.

To the final developer it would be like saying: "Hey Adobe has donated Flex to Apache and
to make sure that your products will work using Apache's version of Flex, here is an initial
build from the donated code base. These are the thing that are different between the two (...),
but this should not have a major effect on your work. Going forward and knowing these differences,
it's your choice as to which version to use."

Rui