fleece-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making a release
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 09:57:06 GMT
yeah, jenkins. Some members have the permissions to do it and no need
to bother infra, anyone in this case here? seems I'm not

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> so then we need a incubator distribution area (guess we need an infra
> jira for this?)
>
> Other thing when we might get into release direction is CI.
> Currently we have no Apache CI setup (using travis via github, but
> thats a inoffical temp solution only).
> So i propose to setup CI for johnzon. Wdyt?
>
> I can file jiras if desired.
>
> Thanks
> Hendrik
>

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau
> <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> well was thinking short term to get something out and integrated with:
>> - tomee/openejb
>> - cxf
>> - wink
>>
>> then promote it for itself when really setup/renamed
>>
>> but I see nothing blocking to put it in dist, just didnt think to do it now
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>>> Then the question is: what’s the point?
>>>
>>> If it’s not an Apache release, then you cannot promote it to any of the non-Johnzon
developers.  Thus, it’s not really a good “tool” to try and get people to be more involved
with this project and get them using it and try to grow the community which should certainly
be something to be concerned about right now.

>>> See:
>>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what
>>>
>>> Seriously, it takes just a few seconds to add it to a dist area and make it a
real release.   I cannot see why you wouldn’t do it.

>>> Dan

that is downloaded from links on the web site must be through the normal distribution areas
and mirror system.

LICENSE and NOTICE
IMO) , rat report