fleece-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making a release
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:07:55 GMT
well was thinking short term to get something out and integrated with:
- tomee/openejb
- cxf
- wink

then promote it for itself when really setup/renamed

but I see nothing blocking to put it in dist, just didnt think to do it now

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> On Sep 3, 2014, at 10:55 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> sure but if we can also consider it as internal until we are happy
>> with everything (thinking to renaming in particular). For this case we
>> don't need it (xbean never does it)
>
> Then the question is: what’s the point?
>
> If it’s not an Apache release, then you cannot promote it to any of the non-Johnzon
developers.  Thus, it’s not really a good “tool” to try and get people to be more involved
with this project and get them using it and try to grow the community which should certainly
be something to be concerned about right now.

> See:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what
>
> Seriously, it takes just a few seconds to add it to a dist area and make it a real release.
  I cannot see why you wouldn’t do it.

> Dan
>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>>> Umm…. no.   That wouldn’t be a release then.   Any Apache release that is
downloaded from links on the web site must be through the normal distribution areas and mirror
system.

>>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#guidelines
>>>
>>> Dan

, rat report