fleece-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making a release
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:02:48 GMT

On Sep 3, 2014, at 10:55 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:

> sure but if we can also consider it as internal until we are happy
> with everything (thinking to renaming in particular). For this case we
> don't need it (xbean never does it)

Then the question is: what’s the point?

If it’s not an Apache release, then you cannot promote it to any of the non-Johnzon developers.
 Thus, it’s not really a good “tool” to try and get people to be more involved with
this project and get them using it and try to grow the community which should certainly be
something to be concerned about right now.

See:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what

Seriously, it takes just a few seconds to add it to a dist area and make it a real release.
  I cannot see why you wouldn’t do it.

Dan

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>> On Sep 3, 2014, at 7:34 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Was thinking to it and thought maybe wrongly we can use central as
>>> main distribution while we are not 1.0
>>>
>>> wdyt?
>>
>> Umm…. no.   That wouldn’t be a release then.   Any Apache release that is downloaded
from links on the web site must be through the normal distribution areas and mirror system.

>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#guidelines
>>
>> Dan
>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> Twitter: @rmannibucau