fleece-dev mailing list archives

From Hendrik Dev <hendrikde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling report proposal
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 07:44:51 GMT
BTW: should we address the need for Oracle TCK in the IPMC/Board section?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Hendrik Dev <hendrikdev22@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Daniel: good suggestions IMHO
>
> Here is the revised proposal:
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Fleece
>
> Implementation of JSR 353: JavaTM API for JSON Processing.
>
> Fleece has been incubating since 2014-06-09.
>
> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>
>   1. Rename the project due to naming conflicts with "Fleece".
>      Proposed name is "Johnzon".
>   2. Expanding the community, increase dev list activity and adding
>      new committers.
>   3. Publish first incubator release.
>
>   The Fleece project status page at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/fleece
>   needs updating but that would be pending on #1 due to many items on
> the status-
>   page need to be re-visited once #1 is settled.
>
> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
> aware of?
>
>   * Project have to be renamed because of naming conflicts with "Fleece".
>     Waiting for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-53

>   * There have been several patches submitted from a current non-committer
>     and we’re hoping to be able to mentor that person toward becoming
> a committer.

>   * Several issues were reported an fixed (mainly core performance and
> API compliance enhancements).
>     Lots of new unittests added.
>
> Date of last release:
>
>   * No releases as of yet.
>
> When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
>
>   * N/A
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Couple additions I would “suggest”:
>>
>> 1)  In the first section, after the 3 bullets, I would add something like:
>>
>> The Fleece project status page at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/fleece needs
updating but that would be pending on #1 due to many items on the status page need to be re-visited
once #1 is settled.

>> 2) In the "community developed“  section and/or “project developed” sections,
I would certainly mention that there have been several patches submitted from a current non-committer
and we’re hoping to be able to mentor that person toward becoming a committer.    Seems
a bit more positive than “nothing new”.  Also a bit more accurate IMO.  :-)