fleece-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Software grant needed?
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:51:30 GMT
Hi,

> About granting I said publicly (even in the proposal IIRC) the code was
> created to be apache + license is asf v2 so it should be enough.

Having the code under APv2 is not always enough for IP clearance, either a software grant
or CLAs (individual or company) are required. [1] All of the initial committers are members
or committers in other projects so there's no issue re ICLAs. [2]

Is it possible that your employer could have an IP claim on the code? Under most employment
contracts all code belongs to the employer not the employee. If you are employed by someone
then getting them to submitting a CCLA may be a good idea just so the IP ownership is crystal
clear.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-ip-clearance