fineract-user mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject GSOC 2018: Continuing to refine ideas and list of mentors now that mentoring orgs selected
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 16:02:01 GMT
Hello Apache Fineract and Mifos Communities,

I just wanted to inform you that the Mifos Initiative has been selected as
a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code for the seventh time.

Members across our communities will be mentoring for projects contributing
back to the core Apache Fineract platform, the new Apache Fineract CN
framework as well as Mifos X mobile and web apps that consume these
platforms.

Our efforts are in addition to projects related to Apache Fineract that are
applied under Apache Software Foundation as the umbrella organization.  As
evident last year with our 12 interns, our direct involvement in GSOC is
one of the ways we can most impactfully add value to the financial
inclusion needs of our community.

We are continuing to refine our ideas located at https://mifosforge.jira.
com/wiki/spaces/RES/pages/225411076/Google+Summer+of+Code+2018+Ideas

As we noted earlier, we're eager to discuss with the community what
projects/ideas they would like to see - we will work to find suitable
mentors and identify potential interns to work on these.

Our GSOC students go on to become the most loyal and committed members of
our community so this is both a valuable way to evolve the product and
platform in near term and build our long-term community of contributors.

Cheers,

Ed