fineract-user mailing list archives

From David Engel <da...@apf.solutions>
Subject Re: Installing Fineract
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2017 03:19:40 GMT
Hey All,

Sorry I didn't get to this until now. Thanks for the prompt information on
the ActiveMQ dependency, this seems to have mostly solved my problems with
the integration tests.

After installing and starting ActiveMQ I now am seeing only around 8
failures and 9 skips in the integration tests. For reference before the
ActiveMQ install I was failing around 80%. The failing tests are:

   - ClientUndoRejectAndWithdrawalIntegrationTest.testClientUndoR
   ejectWithFutureDate
   - ClientUndoRejectAndWithdrawalIntegrationTest.testClientUndoW
   ithDrawnWithFutureDate
   - GroupSavingsIntegrationTest.testSavingsAccountCharges
   - SchedulerJobsTest.testSchedulerJobs
   - SchedulerJobsTestResults.testApplyHolidaysToLoansJobOutcome
   - ShareAccountIntegrationTests.rejectShareAccount
   - ShareAccountIntegrationTests.testShareAccountApproval
   - ShareAccountIntegrationTests.testShareAccountUndoApproval

Most of them are for reasons like

java.lang.AssertionError: 1 expectation failed.
Expected status code <400> doesn't match actual status code <403>.

There are a couple that fail for actual comparison reasons with incorrect
dates and such. I'm hoping the above aren't due to using OpenJDK.

As for the API test, everything is a go! Got the MifosX web client up and
running as well, going to look into the Android Client next. Thanks for all
the help getting up and running folks! Looking forward to working with this
project.

Michael, here are the steps I performed to get things working on Ubuntu
16.04 (well, the tests), note that I haven't tested the actual server yet,
I'll report back on that as I mentioned above.

   1. Install MySQL (I'm using 5.6)
   2. Install JDK (I'm using OpenJDK 8)
   3. Install ActiveMQ. For this I tried following the new documentation
   but the command there didn't seem to work for me. I just went directly to
   the site and downloaded the tarball manually. Then extracted it and started
   the server as per those instructions.
   4. From here I just followed the instructions on the GitHub page to the
   tee. Ensure that ActiveMQ is not running, and neither is your TomCat server.
   5. Note, I also goofed and forgot that I don't have my port forwarding.
   6. Note that when you test the API if you followed the instructions here
   (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Finera
   ct+Installation+on+Ubuntu+Server
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Fineract+Installation+on+Ubuntu+Server>)
   you have set up your TomCat server to run on port 443. However, in the API
   example it tells you to use 8443, so use 443, or change your TomCat config
   to use 8443. If this is the only server you're running you can omit the
   port altogether.
   7. If you want to use the MifosX web client all you should have to do
   after your API test is successful is follow step 4 from this link (
   https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/spaces/docs/pages/74711072/Mifos+X+Installation+on+Linux+-+Ubuntu+Server).
   Note, just use the fineract-provider.war file you already built, so you
   just need to copy api-docs and community-app.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
David