fineract-user mailing list archives

From ramesh padmanabhan <ramesh.padm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on building Mifos I/O
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 14:47:39 GMT
Hi, I made progress after setting JAVA_HOME

FYI for MAC OSX/Unix users, below is how its done

export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)

But I see these errors at the end of the build: I presume these can be
ignored ?

[ERROR] Error fetching link: http://testng.org/apidocs/package-list.
Ignored it.

[ERROR] Error fetching link:
http://java.net/projects/javamoney/apidocs/package-list. Ignored it

I still cannot find a demo-server directory having been created at the end ?

Any ideas ?

p.s.  I did delete all previous directories/files (except install-script)
and re-ran.

thanks

Ramesh

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 3:18 AM, Markus Geiss <markus.geiss@kuelap.io>
wrote:

> [...]
> (the whole content of the folder you've executed the script in, except the
> script itself (; ) and rerun it.
>
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:01 PM ramesh padmanabhan <
> ramesh.padman2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Markus,
>>

>> I tried following the instructions you had laid out for building Mifos
>> Generation 3.
>>

>> Had a few questions:
>>
>> - I presume for now I only execute the initial-setup.sh script and *not*
>> the pull-all.sh script?
>>
>> - I get an error saying 'JAVA_HOME' is not set. However java -v on my
>> machine shows me the latest downloaded Java SDK8 that I installed
>>
>> - At the end of the script run, I cannot find a 'demo-server' directory
>> having been created...
>>

>> Any ideas/feedback will help.
>>

>> thanks
>>
>> Ramesh
>>

>> [ERROR] MavenReportException: Error while creating archive: Unable to
>> find javadoc command: The environment variable JAVA_HOME is not correctly
>> set.
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Markus Geiss <mage@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Ramesh,
>>>
>>> first of all, welcome to our community. I need to apologize for the
>>> belated reply, but my email filters weren't working properly so I just did
>>> not see your first request.
>>>
>>> As of today, Mifos I/O is a source only release, so you'd need to meet
>>> some prerequisites before you can start testing it.
>>>
>>>    1. Install Java SDK 8
>>>    2. Install Gradle
>>>    3. Install Maven
>>>    4. Install git
>>>    5. Install NodeJS (incl. npm)
>>>
>>> Once you have installed the mentioned tools you need to:
>>>
>>>    1. Fork all repositories available at https://github.com/mifosio
>>>    2. Fork https://github.com/JavaMoney/javamoney-lib
>>>    3. You'll find a script to initialize all resources on your computer
>>>       1. The scripts are located in the demo-server project at scripts
>>>       2. Copy the initial-setup script for your system into the root
>>>       directory where you want all projects to be cloned into
>>>          1. The easiest way is to browse to https://github.com/mifosio/
>>>          demo-server/tree/develop/scripts/Unix
>>>          <https://github.com/mifosio/demo-server/tree/develop/scripts/Unix>
(windows)
>>>          and open the script in raw mode, then selact all and copy and paste
to file
>>>          on your disk
>>>       3. Run the script
>>>
>>> After you done this, there are two ways to get started:
>>>
>>>    1. Run Mifos I/O locally
>>>       1. Navigate into the folder build/libs under demo-server on your
>>>       machine
>>>          1. execute: java -Ddemoserver.provision=true
>>>          -jar demo-server-0.1.0-BUILD-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>>          2. Be aware this is a very heavy process because all services
>>>          will get started locally on your machine (10), and multiple data source
>>>          will be started in embedded mode (Apache Cassandra, Apache ActiveMQ,
MySQL)