fineract-user mailing list archives

From Subramanya M K <subbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assistance with Accounting Question
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2016 05:28:52 GMT
Hi Ed / Christian,

Is it possible to provide some more information about the requirement, so
that we can check if we can try a workaround with Loan Loss provisioning
feature.

The required inputs are;
1. What kind of product (Asset / Liability)
2. If it is an asset, whether this accounting treatment is required only
during delinquency (event)?
3. Is it the account balance or the provisioning amount that is required to
be considered for this accounting treatment (if it is an asset)?
4. If it is a liability, whether this accounting treatment is required only
when the account is overdrawn (event)?
5. How the reporting is done in the Balance Sheet?

My assumption is that, the requirement seems to be handled through "Status"
of the account in other Core Banking Solutions, by moving the account
(debit) balance to the defined General Ledger Accounts on a particular
event (for example: Overdrawing of the account in case of liability, &
delinquency of the account in case of Asset).

Thanks and Regards,

M.K.Subramanya

SAMVITS, India.