fineract-user mailing list archives

From Subramanya M K <subbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assistance with Accounting Question
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 08:03:17 GMT
Hi Christian,

As a WORKAROUND, using Frequent postings functionality, Account Tags &
Accounting Rules the user may transfer the account balance to the
respective General Ledgers. But, this activity has to be done manually
either on a daily basis or at a periodic interval using the reports -
"Active Loans by Disbursal Period".

Multiple Accounting Rules to be created as shown below with multiple
Respective General Ledger Accounts / Account Tags.
When the Frequent posting is initiated (for the number of accounts that
needs to be transferred from one GL Balance to another as per the "Active
Loans by Disbursal Period" Report) user can select the respective Account
Tag / Accounting Rule & complete the postings manually.
Doing this the balance will get reflected in the Balance Sheet accordingly.

This is just a WORKAROUND thought for achieving the requirement. But, as
mentioned earlier, this requires lot of manual intervention.

[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks and Reagrds,

M.K.Subramanya
SAMVITS, India.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Subramanya M K <subbus73@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Christian.
>
> As mentioned by Shreyaank this kind of Accounting treatment is not
> currently available, however as suggested by Ed, we'll try to check if
> there is a "WORKAROUND" possible & try to get back to you at the earliest
> on this.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> M.K.Subramanya
> SAMVITS, India.
>
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 2:43 AM, Christian Andrade T. <
> christianandradet@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Subramanya M K.
>>
>> Here you are more information about your questions:
>>
>> The required inputs are;
>> 1. What kind of product (Asset / Liability)
>>                     Is an Asset.
>> 2. If it is an asset, whether this accounting treatment is required only
>> during delinquency (event)?
>>                     It is required in the disburse of a loan and later in
>> the repayments.
>> 3. Is it the account balance or the provisioning amount that is required
>> be considered for this accounting treatment (if it is an asset)?
>>                     Yes.
>> 4. If it is a liability, whether this accounting treatment is required
>> only
>> when the account is overdrawn (event)?
>> 5. How the reporting is done in the Balance Sheet?
>>                     Well, In the Balance Sheet there are also these
>> accounts with debit amont.
>>
>> Hope you can help us, If you need more information let us know.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Christian Andrade T.
>> iOUFintech

>>> Hi Ed / Christian,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to provide some more information about the requirement,
>>> so that we can check if we can try a workaround with Loan Loss provisioning
>>> feature.
>>>
>>> The required inputs are;
>>> 1. What kind of product (Asset / Liability)
>>> 2. If it is an asset, whether this accounting treatment is required only
>>> during delinquency (event)?
>>> 3. Is it the account balance or the provisioning amount that is required
>>> to be considered for this accounting treatment (if it is an asset)?
>>> 4. If it is a liability, whether this accounting treatment is required
>>> only when the account is overdrawn (event)?
>>> 5. How the reporting is done in the Balance Sheet?
>>>
>>> My assumption is that, the requirement seems to be handled through
>>> "Status" of the account in other Core Banking Solutions, by moving the
>>> account (debit) balance to the defined General Ledger Accounts on a
>>> particular event (for example: Overdrawing of the account in case of
>>> liability, & delinquency of the account in case of Asset).
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>
>>> M.K.Subramanya
>>>
>>> SAMVITS, India.

Ecuador.