fineract-user mailing list archives

From Sander van der Heyden <sandervanderhey...@musoni.eu>
Subject Re: [Voting] Does bulk import feature (a.k.a. Data Import Tool) should be part of core platform
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:13:57 GMT
Firm +1 from this side as well!

Over time we've made various changes and bugfixes to the older version of
the import tool, which can be found in this fork:
https://github.com/Musoni/DataImportTool. Feel free to let me know if you
want us to send any PR's for this.

I think it would also be good to think a bit about some of the more
'quirky' things in the import tool, such as the lack of some form of
progress bar, and the issues that when a browser or user connection time
out that there is no way to get the re-upload files. I would therefore
suggest to store the files in S3/Local after processing so the user can
fetch back using a processing ID or some form of history. Similar things
can be done for checking progress as well, where the API consumer will get
back a resource ID and that can be used to query for status.

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Skype: s.vdheyden
Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!  <https://twitter.com/musonimfi>
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 0.09, 1058 LS, Amsterdam,
The Netherlands