fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject Participation in Digital Ocean's Hacktoberfest
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 14:09:45 GMT
Per Sanyam's suggestion, we're going to participate in Digital Ocean's
Hacktoberfest for the repositories related to Mifos X and Apache Fineract.
It'll be a good pre-cursor to GCI (if Mifos can get accepted) and will help
ups reach new contributors.

Participation is as simple as tagging issues with the label, Hacktoberfest.

Learn more at https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/

Thanks Sanyam for the suggestion!

MaintainersHow can my project get involved?

Apply the label ”Hacktoberfest” to issues in your GitHub project that are
ready for new contributors to work on.

Here are tips for creating a good Hacktoberfest issue in your project:

   - Add a CONTRIBUTING.md file with contribution guidelines to your repo.
   - Choose issues that have a well-defined scope and are self-contained.
   - Consider adopting a code of conduct to foster a greater sense of
   community.

A first time contribution is often more about learning the process than the
code itself. Remember we were all new once!

If you receive “spammy” pull requests, please let us know by applying the
“invalid” label.

Learn more about how you can attract more contributor by building a
welcoming community → <https://opensource.guide/building-community/>

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative