fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Avik Ganguly <avikganguly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Skip penalty and pay during last EMI
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 18:14:00 GMT
Hi Hari,

One feature supported by the repayment / collection sheet APIs is the
excludePenaltyCharges flag which will skip processing the penalty portion
of the installment but this won't mark the installment's obligations met as
true. You can test this approach by selecting the excludePenaltyCharges
flag from the UI while repaying. Maybe someone else can confirm if your
requirements can be met just by passing this flag as true from UI for all
installments other than the last one. You can try testing this approach in
your environment or the demo environment.

One other approach with better performance metrics to support this could be
the following :-

   - As any RepaymentScheduleTransactionProcessor will always try to settle
   incomplete installments first, introduce a flag at product level which if
   switched on will consider obligationsMet() as true even without the penalty
   portion being paid for non-last installments. The last installment should
   consider obligationsMet() as true if total penalty due for the loan is paid.
   - In the loan account repayment / collection sheet UI, the default total
   amount being pre-populated will include the penalty so it would need to be
   changed to not include the penalty for non-last installments.
   - Write a RepaymentScheduleTransactionProcessor
   (handleTransactionThatIsOnTimePaymentOfInstallment) which will settle the
   penalty portion for all installments with remaining amount if the
   transaction is processing the last installment.

This will also end up in showing a huge amount difference between your
Penalties Receivable and Income from Penalties GL.

Regards,
Avik.