fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Avik Ganguly <avikganguly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upping our truck factor
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 15:57:24 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am not a Apache committer but I was wondering about some items discussed
in this thread (in the non Fineract-CN context)

1) Context :- Last time I merged my organization's MifosX fork, I faced
difficulties in deciding whether to rebase with MifosX or Fineract. On
going through the commit history of both in details, I found MifosX had
more assets related changes whereas Fineract had more liability and
infrastructure related changes. (I went with Fineract in the end as the
only thing we really wanted from MifosX was rescheduling which had open
issues being addressed by Pramod at that time). Based on the commit
history, I am still surprised that one set of client apps is able to
support both platforms (which means API contracts has not diverged yet).
Question :- Am I missing out on something or are the efforts of the
community ending up in 2 similar codebases for some particular reason?

2) Is there any volunteering or dedicated QA engineer who certifies
releases other than Santosh?  Jenkins making PRs breaking existing tests
un-mergeable was part of MifosX; any reason for it not being part of
Fineract?

3) Any particular reason why the release process is mentioned as a
bottleneck? Is cherry-picking MifosX commits or MifosX picking Fineract
commits somehow involved as part of release process? Is Nazeer contributing
to both MifosX and Fineract releases?

Regards,
Avik.