fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Geiss <markus.ge...@kuelap.io>
Subject Re: fineract-CN running Tests?
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:08:31 GMT
Hey Sijo,

the purpose of a component-test is to do a module specific end-to-end test.
MariaDB, Cassandra, and Active MQ will be started in process.

We consider this 'heavy tests' and they are different than regular
unit-tests ... that's why we haven't place them under test ...

We only have regular unit test where reasonable ... meaning if we do some
calculation or other kind of magic.

Given the component-tests are resource hungry, executing can take longer
then the default 30sec timeout we use in the event recorder. It is possible
to set a longer timeout if needed.

If you use IntelliJ the easiest is to import a project using the gradle
plugin ... in this case you only need to import the top level folder of the
project ... given we use a composite build.

Cheers

Markus

.::Yagni likes a DRY KISS::.