fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Begin the process for bringing in Mifos I/O as Apache Fineract CN
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:31:48 GMT
Myrle,

See my reply inline.

> > I do wish there would have been some discussion
>
> This is a discuss thread, and it can continue as long as discussion is
> needed.  What questions do we still need to cover?

I think the previous presentations, whitepapers, and the recent wiki pages
you've put up describing the project structure help to nicely articulate
the technical benefits and rationale for the new architecture.

I do agree with Ashok's concerns to an extent that for business users, it
would be worthwhile to see a demo site to understand where Apache Fineract
CN is currently at and it will also help to show the vision of where it's
going for the future. I don't fully agree though that access to a demo site
should be the most telling decision factor as it will only be when we get
the new codebase into Apache that we can really scale it's breadth and
demonstrate its potential.

All that being said, I know that Rajan had a playground/demo site that he
was testing on for GSOC. Can we share this demo instance with the broader
community so they could have a sense of where the Apache Fineract CN is at
functionally?

To conclude though, I believe that amongst our committers and PMC, they've
been sufficiently educated and updated that we could call a vote and if
they've not raised any questions or concerns to please do so now.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative