fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Pranjal Goswami <pranjal.b.gosw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Notifications Framework working in conjunction with Offline Mode in Chrome
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2017 06:54:27 GMT
Hi Ed, Mohit and Nazeer,

According to previous discussions - following points need to be catered to
before we move ahead with the PR review

   - A clear documentation of the changes the PR makes - New tables
   created, services added and additional infra required
   for the notification sub-system to work. In my knowledge most things are
   in place, apart from the notes on an additional activemq server that will
   be required for message queue management.

   - The current implementation requires the user to run a separate
   activemq server (which is correct by design), however, we should not force
   users to run yet another service for it to work. Hence we need to create a
   fallback which uses Spring Event Listener so that we remove dependency on
   Activemq (*some dev work will be required for this*)

   - Currently, the notification mechanism delivers to only one channel
   (webapp) we need to make code changes to deliver them through FCM and/or
   email. (This will be a part of mobile notification work)

We should move ahead with the PR review only after the first two points are
taken care of.

Thanks

*Pranjal Goswami*