fineract-dev mailing list archives

From gary.hawk...@pwc.com
Subject Re: Action Items from 2017 GSOC Retrospective
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:22:05 GMT
Hi,
I have joined the dev list following a tweet from Myrle Krantz in the hope
that I could offer some assistance with security reviews.
I do not wish to be subscribed to the Jira/Dev/Bug-fix notifications
distribution.  Is there some other less noisy comms channel please?

Kind regards,

*Gary Hawkins*PwC | Manager - Cyber SecurityMobile: +44 7841 567 250Email:
gary.hawkins@pwc.comPricewaterhouseCoopers LLP7 More London, Riverside,
London, SE1 2RTwww.pwc.co.uk/cyber

On 12 September 2017 at 15:15, Ed Cable <edcable@mifos.org> wrote:

> Hello community,
>
> We had a productive and active 2017 GSOC with participation of 12 students
> through the Mifos Initiative and 3 students through Apache Fineract. I will
> soon be posting to the MIfos blog our official recap blog posts so stay
> tuned.
>
> This was our largest group of interns we've engaged with so we wanted to
> document what worked well and what didn't work well and how we could
> improve going forward in a retrospective session amongst our mentors.
>
> We had a good retrospective today and i've included the action items. If
> you are a mentor and haven't contributed to the notes document (which I
> can't share publicly since it includes discussion and feedback about
> specific students and projects), let me know and I will provide access.
>
> Here are a list of action items we're taking from the meeting to help us
> improve going forward:
>
> *Action Items:*
>
>    -
>
>    Schedule a call within a month to check in on projects and discuss
>    status of merging of pull requests.
>    -
>
>    Send calendar-invite for mid-November to begin discussing projects so we
>    start this process earlier on and can have better clarity around ideas
> and
>    concrete user stories and tasks.
>    -
>
>    Pranjal to draft documentation on pull request process and guidelines to
>    set expectations for timelines, standards for code quality, process and
>    protocols for submission, and where to comment and have dialogue
>    -
>
>    Get Repository in place per Rajan’s suggestion for wireframes/mockups so
>    students, volunteers, partners can contribute to this before GSOC coding
>    period.
>    -
>
>    Create one unified template for project proposal based on best practices
>    of previous submissions
>    -
>
>    Create one unified template for project final report based on best
>    practices of students.
>    -
>
>    Send feedback on how we improve our evaluation process given the
>    increased interest in our projects
>    -
>
>    Set up a code review team consisting of Apache Fineract PMC members to
>    alleviate review burden on Nazeer for platform-side changes
>    -
>
>    Invite students and mentors who have been active in Apache Fineract
>    community as committers to Apache.
>

> --
> *Ed Cable*
> President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

-------------------- End of message text --------------------

PwC is proud to support the Department of International Trade's (DIT)
Invest in GREAT Britain campaign. To find out more about what's GREAT about
investing in the UK, please visit www.pwc.co.uk/great

This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you
are not the addressee, please delete the email and do not use it in any
way. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP does not accept or assume responsibility
for any use of or reliance on this email by anyone, other than the intended
addressee to the extent agreed in the relevant contract for the matter to
which this email relates (if any). PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a limited
liability partnership registered in England under registered number
OC303525, with its registered address at 1 Embankment Place, London WC2N
6RH. It is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for
designated investment business and by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
for regulated legal activities. PwC may monitor outgoing and incoming
emails and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications
systems; by replying to this email you give your consent to such monitoring.

Visit our website http://www.pwc.com/uk