fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Sendoro Juma <send...@singo.africa>
Subject Re: DISCUSS: Personalization of Mobile Banking App by Financial Institution
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 19:41:49 GMT
+1  retain mifos logo and allow respectice MFI's logo upload too...by admin.

Regards
Sendoro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Cable" <edcable@mifos.org>
To: "mifos-developer" <mifos-developer@lists.sourceforge.net>, "dev" <dev@fineract.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 9:29:10 PM
Subject: DISCUSS: Personalization of Mobile Banking App by Financial Institution

As we prepare to launch the Mifos Mobile Banking App powered by Apache
Fineract, one thing I realize we need to make easy for the sys admin of the
app is the ability to change the logo to that of the financial institution
offering the app to their customers.

Most organizations will want to have the app have the look and feel of
their organization (at least their logo)

While some orgs will want to take the codebase and build their own APK and
distribute their own version of the app directly or through the Play store,
I foresee the real-life scenario would be the financial institution would
direct their end users to go to the Google Play store and search for Mifos
Mobile. The user would download that app and then when logging in they
would see the logo of the financial institution that they belong to. This
logo would replace where the Mifos logo is currently (we still would like
to retain some of the Mifos branding in the app though). Ultimately they
might also want to change the mobile app icon too to their org.

Should we just create a section in the Mifos X web app, where they can
upload the logo they want displayed in the mobile banking app?

Perhaps within the Mifos X Web App admin section there will be a control
panel of sorts where the financial institution can manage their
self-service channels (mobile and online banking apps). This is where we
can also put the user creation/management functionality. It could also be
where they could initiate in-app notifications from. As we improve our
customer support mechanisms through the app, incoming requests could come
here.

I created ticket at https://github.com/openMF/self-service-app/issues/431
to track discussion. Will likely need to create the appropriate tickets on
Apache Fineract and Mifos X web app issue trackers to support the same.

Ed