fineract-dev mailing list archives

From "Zayyyad A. Said" <zay...@intrasofttechnologies.com>
Subject RE: DISCUSS: Personalization of Mobile Banking App by Financial Institution
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 19:48:25 GMT
+1 for MFIs to be upload own logo in Web App which automatically replaces Mifos Logo when you
connect to the instance.

Have a powered by Mifos Initiative link somewhere.

Regards;

*******
Zayyad A. Said | Chairman & C.E.O

Cell No.: +254 716 615274 | Skype: zsaid2011
Email: zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Cable [mailto:edcable@mifos.org]
Sent: 29 September 2017 09:29 PM
To: Mifos software development <mifos-developer@lists.sourceforge.net>; Dev <dev@fineract.apache.org>
Subject: DISCUSS: Personalization of Mobile Banking App by Financial Institution

As we prepare to launch the Mifos Mobile Banking App powered by Apache Fineract, one thing
I realize we need to make easy for the sys admin of the app is the ability to change the logo
to that of the financial institution offering the app to their customers.

Most organizations will want to have the app have the look and feel of their organization
(at least their logo)

While some orgs will want to take the codebase and build their own APK and distribute their
own version of the app directly or through the Play store, I foresee the real-life scenario
would be the financial institution would direct their end users to go to the Google Play store
and search for Mifos Mobile. The user would download that app and then when logging in they
would see the logo of the financial institution that they belong to. This logo would replace
where the Mifos logo is currently (we still would like to retain some of the Mifos branding
in the app though). Ultimately they might also want to change the mobile app icon too to their
org.

Should we just create a section in the Mifos X web app, where they can upload the logo they
want displayed in the mobile banking app?

Perhaps within the Mifos X Web App admin section there will be a control panel of sorts where
the financial institution can manage their self-service channels (mobile and online banking
apps). This is where we can also put the user creation/management functionality. It could
also be where they could initiate in-app notifications from. As we improve our customer support
mechanisms through the app, incoming requests could come here.

I created ticket at https://github.com/openMF/self-service-app/issues/431
to track discussion. Will likely need to create the appropriate tickets on Apache Fineract
and Mifos X web app issue trackers to support the same.

Ed