fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Adriana Pinto <adriana.pi...@bowpi.com>
Subject RE: Reverse overdue charges application - MIFOS
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:19:31 GMT
Hi All,
Thank you for all your answers.
Actually, it is necessary for us because when the client makes a repayment, it might not be
registered in the system until some days or weeks later, then the overdue charges if are applied
daily, have to be reversed from de current date until the date the repayment was done.
Then, it is the approach we are looking for.
We had already figured out the “Waiving charges” process, but as Zayyad said, it would
work better if there were a job doing the contrary process of applying overdue charges, like
“Reverse overdue charges” by date or any moment in the time.

Kind regards,
Adriana

De: Ippez Robert [mailto:ippezrobert@gmail.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 18 de agosto de 2017 08:32 a.m.
Para: dev@fineract.apache.org
CC: Adriana Pinto <adriana.pinto@bowpi.com>; Nazeer Shaik <nazeer.shaik@confluxtechnologies.com>;
Alex Moses <amoses@mifos.org>; Juan Pablo Alvarez <juanpablo.alvarez@bowpi.com>;
Jose Garcia <jose.garcia@bowpi.com>; Erick Gonzalez <erick.gonzalez@bowpi.com>;
Ed Cable <edcable@mifos.org>
Asunto: Re: Reverse overdue charges application - MIFOS

Hi All,
Its so good that this discussion has come up. I have realized a case or two with waiving overdue
charges too. When you waive these charges and a client finishes his/her loan [obligation met],
the loan status is closed which is right but now when you view this client's loan statement
report provided as pentaho report you will find there is a balance running for this closed
in the  report which i havce realized as the total amount of the waived charges.

In my thinking, when you waive a charge, it should reduce the overdue amount but its not registered
as an income for the MFI.

Anyone has an explanation for this or this is a bug?

Two, Indeed when charges accumulate, they become hard to waive one by one. So am suggesting
that the waive button in the community-app should not apply or be shown to all overdue charge
rows in the table but rather make it one for all such that when someone clicks on this button,
then it should bring up a page where the staff can enter the amount he/she wants to adjust/waive
off. Then at the backend the system can either split this lump some amount into the respective
overdue charges and waived them individually or some bulk waiving can be done logically?

All in all, some work need to be done here with overdue charges waiving - Batch Waive should
be done.

Thanks
Regards
Ippez Robert