fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject Re: Upping our truck factor
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:12:11 GMT
1.) Are you doing something that only you are doing, and that you
believe should be shared more widely?

- Requirements Gathering -  both on Apache Fineract and as we move towards
Apache Fineract CN - we need to have open discussions with community
members on what is needed by users and what requirements partners are
building. This includes discussing use cases, identifying solutions, and
designing mockups
- Triage & Feature Prioritization - this is also shared by new committer,
Santosh, and Nazeer - but we welcome other community members to join weekly
meetings to triage new bugs and discuss and prioritize feature requests.
- Volunteer Engagement - we've all seen and discussed on this list that it
goes a long way when properly onboarding and engaging a volunteer, I have
phone calls with new volunteers and try to connect each one with an
individual project. I welcome others in helping parcel out manageable tasks
for volunteers and helping project manage/mentor volunteers as they're
making contribution. We have a lot of interest in contributing but need to
help some more of those individuals.

2.) What are the reasons why you aren't doing one of the activities on
our "bottleneck" list?

- List Moderation - let me know how I can help more here - but I think I am
playing a role with moderation - thus far I try to respond to new community
members, I guide traffic to the mailing list that comes from other sources,
and I try to ensure emails get a response when I can't reply to them by
escalating them to others.

For the release management and merging of PRs, I am engaged on a
non-technical level already. For the actual making of the release, I am now
trying to get comfortable with signing off and verifying a new elease and
hopefully can help with actual releases in future.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative