fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Saransh Sharma <sara...@theupscale.in>
Subject Re: IRR calculation
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 00:03:52 GMT
Hi, Lionel,
Couple of years ago i wrote something in JS for Mifos X Based Front End Or
Community App which was written in ANGULAR JS

https://github.com/theupscale/financeFunctions/blob/master/irr.js

It is basic and simple one which pass parameters like loan amount, tenor,
advance EMI,  and Flatrate and then outputs the IRR

Yeah you can implement this in the backend and store it inside the DB also
and you can generate it in the FRONT END and can also pass it as a
parameter, then in the first case you need to simply implement the data
type in the first file

https://github.com/openMF/incubator-fineract/blob/master/fineract-provider/src/main/java/org/apache/fineract/portfolio/loanaccount/data/LoanAccountData.java

Second, you can define your IRR method inside this file

https://github.com/openMF/incubator-fineract/blob/master/fineract-provider/src/main/java/org/apache/fineract/portfolio/loanaccount/domain/Loan.java

And as i see IRR is highly dependent on the payments of the EMI or you can
say cash inflow, of the particular account or loan amount you can add
something in your method that once the payment is cleared you can
recalculate the IRR and set it again.

Pretty much this is, it if you want broader functionality

If you are opting IRR on Front End and just store the value of IRR
Generated on the Loan Amount and Payment Done,

Let me know i can help clarifying the whole solution for you thanks