fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Advice Needed || Apache Fineract
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 08:38:55 GMT
Hi Aswin,

First some background:

The current Fineract code base was donated to Apache by the Mifos
community out of the MifosX code.  It is a traditional monolithic
backend made up of a REST application fronting an SQL database.  It is
used as a backend by the Mifos community application which was not
donated to Apache.

Several community members, including myself, are working on a
rearchitecting of current generation Fineract core banking concepts
into a cloud native microservices architecture. We are also working on
a front-end based on Angular which we intend to contribute to the
Apache project as well.  I am optimistically calling this set of
modules Fineract Cloud Native, or Fineract CN for short.

Because of the range of these projects anyone who answers your
question will have to define the scope of their answer.  I'll answer
for the backend of Fineract CN.  Hopefully if that is not the answer
you were looking for, someone else will also speak up about other
areas of the Fineract project.

We are using the following technologies and concepts on a day-to-day
basis in the development of the Fineract CN backend:
*** REST
*** The Command Query Responsibility Segregation pattern (CQRS -
there's a good article online by Martin Fowler about this)
*** Java 8 (lambdas and streams are fun!)
**  Test-driven development
**  Junit 4
**  Mojito
**  Spring Data JPA
*   Feign
*   Cassandra
*   the java money library
*   Java web tokens
*   Eureka
*   Ribbon
*   Spring boot
*   flyway

Just a few things we'd like to add to the mix in the near future:
*** Backwards compatibility and semantic versioning
**  Liquibase
**  Java 9
*   Reactive programming
*   Hystrix
*   Milagro
*   CouchDB/PouchDB
*   jpos

That's a long list, and I'm not sure where you are on your learning
curve, so I've put it in the order of importance as I see it.  Feel
free to ask more questions.  I'm glad that you're interested in
Fineract, and I hope we can help you become productive in our
community.

Regards,
Myrle