fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Sujeeth <arv...@mines.io>
Subject Re: API request time out
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 07:31:40 GMT
In case anyone else runs into this, it turns out the 504 was being returned by our AWS ELB
(an overlooked client timeout). See https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/latest/classic/config-idle-timeout.html
for details on setting the timeout.

Arvind

On 7/31/17 8:49 PM, Arvind Sujeeth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're encountering an issue where a longer API request ends up aborting just after 60s
(the DB query itself takes approximately 60s) and returning a 504 (Gateway Timeout). The exception
thrown in the logs is attached. It looks like the socket is suddenly being closed; I suspect
it has something to do with either Tomcat or JDBC timeouts, but all of my attempts to set
those to longer values (connectionTimeout, keepAliveTimeout in server.xml, removeAbandonedTimeout
in the JDBC connection) have not had any affect.

> The timeouts do not seem to be triggered client-side (they occur even if we set an indefinite
timeout, or even just using curl which has a longer default timeout).