fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 21:10:29 GMT
Hello Apache Fineract Community,

As communicated throughout numerous webinars and white papers across the
Mifos and Apache Fineract communities, the future of our technology centers
around our Generation 3 architecture (Apache Fineract 2.0).

I'm starting this thread to initiate the process of moving this new
codebase and next major version of Apache Fineract into the community so we
can at last mobilize the community around the new architecture.

Right now the codebase is in a Github Repository at
https://github.com/mifosio but the community cannot fully participate until
it's part of Apache and there is little visibility or documentation for the
community to know of the status of Generation 3.

Across the community there is a groundswell of interest from partners and
volunteers to contribute to, build on top of, and extend the new
architecture. I've informed these individuals that have expressed interest
in private to do so publicly and engage more actively on the lists.

I have started a wiki page to list out the next steps/outstanding questions
we need to explore to proceed forward. I request that others, especially
those who have lead the design and development of Generation 3, please
expand this list and take responsibility and ownership for some of the
outstanding tasks so we can get Fineract 2.0 available to the community.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Finerac
t+2.0+Introduction

A prior concern that we've explored was the ability to maintain two major
versions of a software within one Apache project. Based on my conversations
with Apache leadership like Brian Behlendorf at the recent OSCON
conference, there is no issue with a project having two live major versions
at the same time.

Thanks,

*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative