fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Thynn Win <thynn....@thitsaworks.com>
Subject RE: [Mifos-developer] Fiscal year beginning in April and compound interest calculation(FINERACT-491)
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 05:47:25 GMT
Thank you for making it a p1.

From: Santosh Math [mailto:santosh@confluxtechnologies.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 July, 2017 01:29
To: Thynn Win <thynn.win@thitsaworks.com>
Cc: dev (dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org) <dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org>; (mifos-developer@lists.sourceforge.net)
<mifos-developer@lists.sourceforge.net>; dev@fineract.apache.org; Ed Cable <edcable@mifos.org>;
ConfluxNazeer Shaik <nazeer.shaik@confluxtechnologies.com>
Subject: Re: [Mifos-developer] Fiscal year beginning in April and compound interest calculation(FINERACT-491)

Hi Thynn,

You're absolutely right. It is considering year from 01 January to December 31 for interest
posting. Even I use 'Post Interest as on' 01 April 2017, the application is posting interest
on both December 31, 2016 as well as on 01 April 2017 because of which the interest earned
on April 1st is more, ie.. 118.81

There is one configuration  (System>> Configurations) "financial-year-beginning-month",
even if we set it as 4(April), it is posting interest on 01 April 2017 only but the interest
posted is still 118.81 in stead of 115.89. I suppose it's bug. Thanks for reporting.

@Nazeer, Will you look up the code part which Thynn has shared?

Thanks
Santosh

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Thynn Win <thynn.win@thitsaworks.com<mailto:thynn.win@thitsaworks.com>>