fineract-dev mailing list archives

From "Henrik Esbensen" <hen...@dreamstartlabs.com>
Subject Gen 3 and Apache Fineract
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 03:24:30 GMT
Hello Apache Fineract community,

I'm Henrik Esbensen at DreamStart Labs <http://www.dreamstartlabs.com/> . We
are developing mobile solutions to help people in developing countries
realize their dreams of a better life. Our first product is DreamSave
<http://www.dreamstartlabs.com/products.html> , a combination of mobile and
cloud technology which will digitize village savings groups. DreamSave is
being developed in partnership with Project Concern International
<https://www.pciglobal.org/>  in Tanzania.

We have followed the development of Mifos Gen 3 (Mifos I/O) very closely,
and are very excited about it. Our team has attended many Mifos meetings and
webinars and had countless discussions with various members of the Mifos
community. It is clear that the next generation architecture which Mifos I/O
offers present very promising opportunities.

We want to build technology solutions on top of the Gen 3 framework and
would love to provide input for the future roadmap. However, we don't feel
comfortable pursuing this path before the Gen 3 framework is formally a part
of Apache Fineract.

So when will the framework be part of Apache Fineract? And how we can be a
part of this process? We are eager to see Mifos Gen 3 become a part of the
Apache Fineract project and would like to contribute as individuals.

We have worked extensively with the previous generation, Mifos X (Gen 2), in
the past. It was a great experience. At the same time, we are well aware
that Mifos I/O (Gen 3) will take the possibilities to an even higher level,
and we want to utilize that ASAP. The micro-services architecture is very
promising, as is various integration possibilities. The opportunities for
innovation on the Gen 3 platform are very, very exciting. But it's difficult
for me to see how this can all come to full fruition before Gen 3 becomes a
part of the Apache Fineract project.

Regards,

*	Henrik

Henrik Esbensen, PhD