fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject Requirements Discussion for Mobile Money Integration Project for Google Summer of Code
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 22:03:16 GMT
Hello everyone,

Picking up where Daniel Carlson left off from his 2016 GSOC project will be
a our 2017 GSOC intern, Vladimir Fomene from Ashesi Univerity in Ghana.

Working under the mentorship of Yannick and Ayuk from Skylabase and Antony
from Omexit, he'll be genericizing the framework to work with multiple
mobile money APIs and adding the support for reconciliation of transactions
that occur in the mobile money system with the Apache Fineract back-end.
Future phases of the project will include integration with self-service
capabilities and extending this to work with Generation 3 of Mifos.

The openness of mobile money APIs is a widely discussed topic in the sector
and we would like community members who have either use cases for mobile
money integration they'd like to share or access to their country's mobile
money APIs to join this discussion.

Yannick has drafted a Google Doc which outlines efforts to date, point to
valuable research, maps out architecture and database design, lays out the
project plan, and identifies assumptions and outstanding questions. Please
review at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I4uF-dC9Y4GuSoWmnd7WBJplMZMPUmM63tY8fSgUBO0/edit?usp=sharing

We are having a meeting to discuss requirements and design on Wednesday at
May 17, 2017 at 1300GMT via GoTotraining - you can register at
https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/2760388095915259137

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I4uF-dC9Y4GuSoWmnd7WBJplMZMPUmM63tY8fSgUBO0/edit?usp=sharing>Thynn
and Nyi from Thitsaworks in Myanmar are driving this meeting and providing
requirements from the context of Wave Money integration in Myanmar. We are
also integrating with Beyonic which provides mobile money API aggregation
for four countries. Skylabase is providing requirements for Orange Money
integration as well.

Vladimir will soon be sharing his project plan once he has compiled
requirements across the community.

Cheers,

Ed
--