fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Thynn Win <thynn....@thitsaworks.com>
Subject RE: [Mifos-developer] Requirements Discussion for Mobile Money Integration Project for Google Summer of Code -- notes
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 15:01:21 GMT
Hi all,

Thank you for participating in the meeting this morning.

High level info flow

Funds from customer

  1.  Loans - Undo Disbursals    -- can be triggered by MFI from Mifos (Need to handle failed
transactions) or Mobile Money GUI
  2.  Loans – Make Repayments – from be triggered from MFI client via money provider app
or self-service app
  3.  Loans – Prepay Loans – from be triggered from MFI client via money provider app
or self-service app
  4.  Savings – Deposits – from be triggered from MFI client via money provider app or
self-service app
  5.  Loans – charges, etc. – from be triggered from MFI client via money provider app
or self-service app

For #2-5, MMP will initiate a request to the gateway with MFI client phone number or specific
account number (loan 1#, loan 2#, savingings #,etc).

A list of active account numbers and amount owe will be returned to MMP and MFI client has
an option to either choose the exact amount or enter an amount.

Funds to customer

  1.  Loan disbursement – triggered by MFI from Mifos (Need to handle failed transactions)
or Mobile Money GUI.
  2.  Withdrawal from Savings – triggered by MFI from Mifos (need to handle failed transactions)
or Mobile Money GUI.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2CEFC.E9C1AC30]

As for database design (mobile money), we’d like to request a few more tables.

A table for saving transaction-status.

-Tenant-transactions-id

-date/time of transaction (when it hit mobile money gateway)

-status

-API return code (from either side provider or Fineract)

-Server ip of the request

-Comments or error details/codes

-External id (transaction id of external system)

In tenant-transactions table, we should save all the information that’d be transmitted either
direction.

  1.  The json or messages itself or
  2.  critical information in the message such as client account number with provider (at
the time of the transaction), what amount was returned/received via the API, etc.
*we’d need all the details to troubleshoot and reconcile on each end.

In tenants table, should we add tenant identifier, MFI api url, etc to let this platform know
which tenant/database/server.

For item #2-5 above (where 3rd party retrieving info), we should check whether the MFI client
is associated with this MMP. Otherwise, we should NOT return any result for security reasons.
Only allow legitimate requests for lookup info. For this, we will need to store a relationship
between MMP and MFI Client and a workflow for maintaining this info.

Feature request

  1.  Mobile money gateway UI to display transactions for reconciling (reports, etc)
  2.  Mobile money gateway UI to show error report for monitoring purposes
  3.  In Mifos, allow saving of different phone number for different MMP payment type

Thanks,
Thynn