fineract-dev mailing list archives

From "Sahasrangshu Sinha (Sreejan)" ...@sreejan.in>
Subject Re: Support Task to Familiarize with Data Import Tool
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 17:41:31 GMT
Dear All,

Would really appreciate if anyone can help us on Data Import Tool.

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Sahasrangshu Sinha
Sreejan

> On 10 May 2017, at 11:30 PM, Sahasrangshu Sinha, FRSA (Sreejan) <md@sreejan.in>
wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
> Many thanks for putting our request in front of your team and other volunteers.
>

> Dear All,
>
> We are a small MFI based in Birbhum district of West Bengal province in India. We have
already deployed Mifos X in AWS as well as the Data Import Tool.. We successfully uploaded
all of our 900+ customers but unable to upload the groups via the group templates.

> It would great if anyone is based in Kolkata or West Bengal. Otherwise, he/she can connect
us via TeamViewer or we can share our credential to log-into the data import tool. Please
let me know.

> Best Regards,
> Sahasrangshu Sinha
> Sreejan Livelihood Development
> Fellow at the Royal Society of Arts (RSA)
>

> Please visit us at: www.sreejan.in
>

>> On 10 May 2017 at 18:36:46 +08:00, Kumaranath Fernando <kumaranathfernando@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Avik!
>>
>> Yes, 8 pm IST today seems good to me! Hoping to talk to you to learn and explore
more on the data import tool!

>> Regards,
>> Kumaranath Fernando
>>
>> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Avik Ganguly <avikganguly010@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Kumaranath,
>>
>> Would 8 PM IST today be a good time for you?
>>
>> I will give you a walkthrough of the import tool code and we will check which import
templates in the tool are fully functional
>> and which ones need updation to comply to any API specification changes.
>>
>> After that you can arrange a call with someone from Sreejan and see what difficulties
that person is facing.

>> Regards,
>> Avik.
>>
>> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Kumaranath Fernando <kumaranathfernando@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Ed!
>>
>> I think this would be good stepping stone to familarize current status of the data
import tool! I would be willing to support the customer with his own difficulties with tool.Could
you send a send in some formalities in getting to know the customer and familiarizing the
tool myself?

>> Regards,
>> Kumaranath Fernando
>>
>> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 9:55 PM, Ed Cable <edcable@mifos.org> wrote:
>> Kumaranth and mentors,
>>
>> We have a customer in the community  (Sreejan) who's facing difficulties using the
data import tool to upload groups successfully into Mifos X. They don't have enough budget
to be a paying customer of a branded version of Mifos so were looking at whatever community
support they could receive.

>> I thought that given you're beginning to familiarize yourself with the tool - supporting
this customer would be a good lesson in understanding the use cases and requirements for how
the tool is used.