fineract-dev mailing list archives

From "Sahasrangshu Sinha, FRSA (Sreejan)" ...@sreejan.in>
Subject Re: Support Task to Familiarize with Data Import Tool
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 15:30:29 GMT
Hi Ed,

Many thanks for putting our request in front of your team and other volunteers.

Dear All,

We are a small MFI based in Birbhum district of West Bengal province in India. We have already
deployed Mifos X in AWS as well as the Data Import Tool. We successfully uploaded all of our
900+ customers but unable to upload the groups via the group templates.

It would great if anyone is based in Kolkata or West Bengal. Otherwise, he/she can connect
us via TeamViewer or we can share our credential to log-into the data import tool. Please
let me know.

Best Regards,

Sahasrangshu SinhaSreejan Livelihood DevelopmentFellow at the Royal Society of Arts (RSA)
Please visit us at:<http://www.sreejan.in>

On 10 May 2017 at 18:36:46 +08:00, Kumaranath Fernando <kumaranathfernando@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Avik!
>
> Yes, 8 pm IST today seems good to me! Hoping to talk to you to learn and explore more on
the data import tool!

> Regards,
> Kumaranath Fernando
>

> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Avik Ganguly <<avikganguly010@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> > Hi Kumaranath,
> >
> > Would 8 PM IST today be a good time for you?
> >
> > I will give you a walkthrough of the import tool code and we will check which import
templates in the tool are fully functional
> > and which ones need updation to comply to any API specification changes.
> >
> > After that you can arrange a call with someone from Sreejan and see what difficulties
that person is facing.

> > Regards,
> > Avik.
> >

> > On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Kumaranath Fernando <<kumaranathfernando@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> > > Hi Ed!
> > >

> > > I think this would be good stepping stone to familarize current status of the
data import tool! I would be willing to support the customer with his own difficulties with
tool.Could you send a send in some formalities in getting to know the customer and familiarizing
the tool myself?

> > > Regards,
> > > Kumaranath Fernando

using the data import tool to upload groups successfully into Mifos X. They don't have enough
budget to be a paying customer of a branded version of Mifos so were looking at whatever community
support they could receive.

tool - supporting this customer would be a good lesson in understanding the use cases and
requirements for how the tool is used.

<http://facebook.com/mifos><http://www.twitter.com/mifos>