fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Pawar <nikpawa...@yahoo.in.INVALID>
Subject Re: [Mifos-developer] Inputs required for credit bureau integration phase 2
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 13:33:45 GMT
Hello Nyi,
Thank you for your feedback, this is going to help a lot.Please find my response inline.

Regards,Nikhil

      From: Nyi Aye <nyi.aye@thitsaworks.com>
 To: Ed Cable <edcable@mifos.org>; "dev@fineract.apache.org" <dev@fineract.apache.org>;
Mifos software development <mifos-developer@lists.sourceforge.net>; Nikhil Pawar <nickrp89@gmail.com>

 Sent: Tuesday, 16 May 2017 5:28 PM
 Subject: Re: [Mifos-developer] Inputs required for credit bureau integration phase 2

Dear Ed and Nikhil,

Thanks for this. This is a great. We do need a credit bureau integration in Myanmar. However,
the regulations on credit reporting were just issued on 31st March of this year and it only
contains high-level requirements. No credit bureau has started their operations yet but we
will share the specific integration options and technologies for data access by credit reporting
agencies once they are known.

Could this be a two-way integration: (1) to submit credit data of borrowers to the credit
bureaus; and (2) to perform credit check for new applications?Nikhil- As of now it is one
way integration but we are going to make it two way communication in current phase.

Some high-level considerations that we would like to request in designing the integration
include:

1. Ability to pull real-time data from multiple credit bureaus via API (will they be displayed
separately or will they be merged somehow?)Nikhil- As per the current design, we have mapped
loan to credit bureau product with 1-1 relationship. i.e you can map different loans to different
credit bureaus but you cannot map single loan to different credit bureaus.  We can discuss
this requirement further.
2. Ability to post requests via HTTPS with 128-bit SSL encryption.Nikhil -The communication
is already on HTTPS but I am not encrypting it.If this is compliance issue we will secure
the communication as well as per required standard.
3. Ability to retrieve data in XML format.Nikhil -Yes, data is being retrieved in XML and
we are parsing it to fetch fields of interest.
4. Ability to check the credit score in Mifos without storing credit data (no external credit
histories of clients on Mifos)Nikhil-Currently we are not storing data being fetched, we were
thing to cache entire credit report. To be on safer side we will make this also configurable,
so that users can decide what to store from the report.
5. Ability to configure access to credit bureau integration module to ensure that only approved
users can access credit score.Nikhil- The credit score can be viewed in viewloanaccount summary
along with different tabs, credit check tab is enabled.So the user who has access to view
loan account details, will also have ability to to view credit score.

Seems like some of this is already in place.

Many thanks and regards,

Nyi

Nyi Nyein Aye

CEO & Managing Director