fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject REQUEST: Store 4-digit pin code on back-end for self-service login
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 15:48:28 GMT
Hi Nazeer,

Per our discussions, I wanted to send some further details on the dev list
about the requirements and conversations the mobile developers working on
the Android self-service app have been having.

First off, in order to make it easier for a user to log in and not have to
fully authenticate themselves each time they leave the self-service app, we
wanted to enable a 4 digit pin code that could be used to log in to the app
(once fully authenticated for a first time). This is pretty standard
practice in banking apps.

We didn't want to store that locally since it wouldn't be secure on phones
that are rooted.

With that constraint, we need to be able to store this pin on the back-end
- then it can also be shared across phones as well.

I'll let Rajan, Ishan, and Puneet and others chime in with more details
about access token that gets generated, its validity etc.

A couple of GSOC aspirants have already begun work on the creation and
entry of the pin via the app on the phone but we need your assistance in
storing it at the back-end.

I've created a ticket at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-424

Discussion surrounding those tickets can be found at
https://github.com/openMF/self-service-app/issues/115 and
https://github.com/openMF/self-service-app/issues/132

Ed

--